Friday, March 20, 2009

Throw me a Curve - Mystery Quilt

My Kindred group met a couple of nights ago for a pot luck. It is always nice to get together for a gab as we sit around stitching after dinner.

I brought a Spinach Salad, so simple to make:

A large amount of baby Spinach leaves
Red Onion, slivered in half rounds- as much or as little as you like
A can of Mandarin Orange Slices, drained OR a cup of thinly sliced strawberries
1/4 cup of slivered Almonds
Kraft or Renees Poppy Seed Dressing, or a simple vinagrette.

Everyone Loves it.

Mark Lipinski is coming to town and my friend Kelly and I are going to attend his trunk show and the workshop. Here is the fabric that I have chosen for the Mystery Quilt Workshop. I hate Mystery Quilts. 
I much prefer knowing what it is going to look like. But I so enjoy Mark that I am willing to give it a go.



We were to choose three fabrics a Dark, a Medium and a Light. I am going to use the Large Blue Print as my Dark, the Orange as Medium, the yellow and green as light and the stripe will be an extra likely for the border. Stay Tuned.   

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Deb, I love the colours you chose. I entered a Pat Sload quiltathon and all I knew was the main colour was orange.
I'd never entered one of these before so had no idea. I have lots of orange triangles and thought I could use them up...no, I had to make her pattern. I loved it. I am making another similar.
Have fun. Of course not being one who knows who's who in quilting I had to look up Mr. Lipinski...lucky you.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi Deb,
The spinach salad sounds yummy and I love all the fabrics you've choosen. I've never done a mystery quilt...good luck with it!
~Karen~

Karen said...

You are brave to do a Mystery Quilt, but with fabric like that, how can you go wrong.