Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Project of the Month Completed

 I was visiting the Quilt shop in Newmarket and found this pretty fleece panel. It is a Thomas Kindkade panel called "Autumn Splendor". I have never made up one of these panels before, but I thought it would fast, fun and cozy. Next I went looking for the piece for the back and lo and behold, Fabricland had there solid fleece on sale for $5 a metre which was just enough for the back. You can see back down in the bottom left corner the soft grey-green which is the back.  Next I went to You Tube and found and instruction video on how to assemble.  My electric scissors came in handy. In no time, it was put together. I like to be covered up for my afternoon nap and this blanket will be just the ticket. 

While at Fabricland I bought a couple more metres of red and red and green plaid. I thought they might make a nice car blanket.
When I was a kid we always had a plaid, fringed blanket in the car. We used it for unplanned picnics or to cover up cold children on the drives home from whereever Mom and Dad took us.

No comments: