Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sniffles and Progress on Eaton Embroidery Blocks

I have been down with a wicked cold this week. Which has left me lolling around the T.V room in my PJ's and stitching only when I have not been sleeping or blowing my nose.  You might remember that a little while back I told you about a quilt my kindred group is going to make to donate to a Charity Auction. We are using Old preprinted linens put out by Eaton's , likely in the 40's.

I have completed my two large blocks, except for the edging, and I am working on one small one that we will use for the label on the back of the quilt.
The small one (that will be the label)  I am edging in black stitch. However the large blocks will be laid on top of another plain piece of fabric and a satin stitch used to complete the edging. Then the remainder of the top linen block will be cut away. It is necessary because some of the blocks don't have enough for a seam allowance. 

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Hope you are feeling better soon...thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment..we had a wonderful day out :o)

Pat said...

Well, I must confess, I had to laugh when I read "Eaton Embroidery Blocks" as my last name IS Eaton!!! Then, it came to me that I seem to remember there is an Eaton Department Store of some sort in Canada. Well, we can all use a smile now and again. I wanted to thank you for your recent comment concerning my blog. I always appreciate getting those and usually respong quickly. The last couple of weeks I have really been "under the weather" so am trying to play catch-up and did not want to let your kind comments go unanswered. THANK YOU for reading my post and appreciating my work. I'll look forward to hearing from you again...and I love your "Eaton Block embroidery!!!" Pat

Karen said...

Beautiful embroidery!

You left a comment on my blog, but you are set up as 'noreply'. You would need to add your e-mail address to your profile, to fix that. To answer your question about the tea related item, it is a spoon rest. :)