Monday, March 29, 2010

My Bedroom and other Stuff

Did you think I was ever coming back......... I think I have mentioned that I am a procrastinator. Well in the last few days I have finally pulled my finger out and got one of the rooms in our new home completed.  My husband says that in terms of the bedroom we moved from the a bowling alley to a single lane. The room is very small but here it is redone. First the room was painted pale grey. I recovered our  headboard  using a black and white print that was purchased for a quilt back. Then I made a pillow cover  by wrapping a pillow form with the remainder of  the fabric and using and old brooch to close it.  On our new small window, I hung white sheers on an black rod and as you can see my darling sweet Shadow has her own little bed right next to ours. Lest you think she is stuck in a very cramped space, Shadow loves to be in a small space and especially in the dark. I am surprised that she let me take her picture with the light on. Once she is in her bed the lights must be out.   The "Dream" Script, stick on was something I picked up at Walmart and I love it. I will add a small one over Shadows bed.  
The group of "art" on the wall of our bedroom is a combination of a number of things that I had, all of them handmade.  In the upper left is a doll face brooch that handmade. Each person who attended Quilt Canada in Ottawa received a different doll at the gala dinner. Each one is a beautiful work of art and worthy of framing. Below that is a small silk ribbon piece that I made. Below that is a very old floral picture made of shells on black velvet. The middle picture is a cross stitch done by my great grandmother, and the two cross stitches to the right were done by me. 

The quilt below is not one that I can take credit for, but it is a donation quilt that my new guild makes. I took it home last month to put on the label and binding which I have done and have prepared it to return at our next guild meeting . I attend a small quilt show on the weekend with my neighbour Lori. It was put on by the Trent Quilters which is an evening group. They have a meeting this week in the evening that I may attend. We also bought a new car this past week and are piking it up on Thursday. However I think that I will keep that news until next Blog. 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh I do love simple but elegant bedrooms. We also have more or less a black and white theme which lends itself well to adding sparks of colour here and there.
The room was worth the wait to see.