Saturday, February 24, 2018

Prepping for Vacation

Our Guild is having a show in May and I have taken a kit for the Guild Challenge. I do this for every Quilt show however I have never completed the challenge and I am determined to finish this one. The challenge was to select three crayons from a 64 pack. ( I selected hot magenta, violet and a blue green) We were also given a fat quarter of a batik. The Idea was to use the colours of the crayons along with the piece of batik to create a wall hanging of no more than 80 inches around the full perimeter. I took our guild pin, enlarged the image and am using crayons to colour the image. I am planning on taking the fabric away with me to embroider. My plan is to have it completed by the time I return and have it ready to border and bind in time for our Quilt Show.
The first photo is of the freezer paper that I used to draw our logo and the second is the fabric I have coloured.