Friday, November 02, 2012

Home and feeling great

On October 19th we headed to the hospital early in the morning. When we arrived we found that my 10:30 surgery time had been changed to 1:00 pm so I send Hubby home. The surgery was to be about 3 hours and then of course some time in recovery. So it ended up I was not in my room until 7:30 pm.

Once in my room I had a nurse checking BP, temp, etc and every two hours. I really felt pretty good. I had a room mate for the first night, but she left early the next morning so I then had a four bed ward all to myself.

I was discharged on Sunday and we stayed at a Holiday Inn for a couple of nights just to be close to the hospital, to be on the safe side.I was feeling pretty good only a little sore and tired but other than that I could not get over how easy it all went. The surgery was laproscopic so I am treated to 6 tiny incisions on my tummy.  

It felt so good to get home.

During the weeks prior to the surgery and since I have been on a purely liquid diet. So I can say at this point I have lost almost 40 pounds.

Tonight was a real treat, I had a poached egg on toast. My first real solid food.

My only pain is that in my poor arthritic hips. I hope that pain will improve as the weight comes off but if not I am prepared to have the surgery to replace later next year. I hope that 2013 is going to be my year to reinvent myself.

This has been one of the hardest things I have ever done and it will continue to be but I am determined to make this work, this time.


3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

so glad that all is well and to loose 40 pounds already! great for you. Good luck in the upcoming weeks.

Needled Mom said...

Glad that it is behind you now and all went well.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I hope your feeling better. In the long run you'll feel great I'm sure!!! Hang in there!
Hugs!