Sunday, January 22, 2012

Family Wedding

So much to tell! Last weekend Mom and I attended a family wedding. My Mom had one brother who had eight children. Most of them are married now with their own children and their children have children. So this past weekend my cousin Ricks' daughter Amanda got married.  You can imagine how large a family wedding it. It was absolutely wonderful so great to see all my family.

The wedding took place at Queens Landing Hotel in Niagara-on-the-Lake, a vintage hotel which was absolutely beautiful. Mom and I made Amanda and her new husband Aaron a quilt, as a wedding gift.

I have never attended a wedding where there were so many babies and tots. Here is a picture of Mom and baby Luca, age 82 and age 2 weeks).

Mom and Luca
Mom having a lunchtime cocktail
    Luca had his own little necktie own. What a darling baby. The hotel was still decorated for Christmas it was breathtaking. We had just had a small bit of snow a few days before making it very picturesque.


Amanda and Aaron

The table and room

Bridal Party
Christmas Decorations



Robin and Amanda photo
The very sad part was that my cousins wife (Robin) passed away just a week before the wedding and although it was not unexpected it was definitely hard on Rick, Amanda and the whole family.  It was so touching when the JP asked Rick, "who gave this woman?" , he responded Robin and I do and he lit a candle placed next to her picture.  

Robin was a lovely lady and wanted her daughter to have the wedding of her dreams and she surely did.








My pictures of the Quilt aren't very good as naturally I waited until the last minute to take them and had to rush to wrap the gift. Believe me is it prettier than it looks.




3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

beautiful wedding, so sad that the brides mother died shortly before - I'm sure she would have wanted them to continue on with the wedding though and to be happy. The bridal party must have froze outside for that photo you show but sure is pretty!

I bet they love the quilt!!!
Karen

Jennifer said...

By gosh - that bridal party look cold with their bare shoulders in the snow! How sad for that lovely bride to lose her mother and not have her on such a special day, but I know she would have been there in spirit. The little feller looks cute in his tie....and you quilt gift is beautiful.

Barb said...

What a beautiful bride and wedding!! Love the quilt!