Monday, December 15, 2008

Deck the Halls meme


Seen on Anecdotally Yours.


Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree? Sets them under the tree

Colored lights on tree or white? White lights look beautiful but I think I prefer coloured.

When do you put your decorations up? Usually December 1st

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Roast Turkey with all the Trimmings

Favorite Holiday memory as a child: One year near Christmas my family and another one went to my Grandads lot and we skated on the pond, Drank hot chocolate from a thermos and then Dad cut down our Christmas tree. It was a lovely Day.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I remember it was the Christmas I was 10, I likely found out from the other kids at school

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? That was a childhood ritual,  They were usually PJ's  but we don't do it now. 

How do you decorate your Christmas tree? First put on the lights, including the angel,  then the garlands, then the ornaments and finally the icicles. 

Snow! Love it or Dread it? As we Live in Snow Country We have no choice but I would be happy if it left any time after New Years.

Can you ice skate? Not any more and I never was very good.

Do you remember your favorite gift? There have been so many nice ones it is hard to choose just one. but I think if I had to it would be a Doll House I got when I was 4 or 5. 

What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with family and know that we have done what we can to make another Christmas a little better.

What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  My Mom makes a mean shortbread cookie, followed by her trifle

What is your favorite tradition? Every Christmas morning for the last 30 years  we have had a Ham and Cheese Egg Strata  (known as the Christmas Morning Housewife Saver).  It is made the night before and you put it in the oven as you  begine to open the presents and it is baked and ready about an hour later. That with fresh fruit and lovely coffee has become a tradition.

Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving? I love to giving,  I love to see what everone thinks of the gifts I have made and purchased for them.

What is your favorite Christmas Song? The Christmas Song

Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I love them.

Ever recycled a Christmas present? I hate to say it but yes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Deb. what a beautiful quilt you have on your header. I just love the colours and the design!
I sent you a pm for the bowls, but if you didn't get it, post another note.
The bowl is one that I shall be making when I finish my red and white backing.
I thought the bowl so different and easy. The web is amazing isn't it?