Monday, October 01, 2012

My New Kitchen

On September the 10th,  hubby and I celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary. While we both would like to travel it is not a good time right now. We have darling furry girl who is 9 now and my Mom who is in her 80's but in great health. Mom does not mind looking after Shadow for a night or two but not any longer than that and we don't want to put Shadow in a boarding kennel.
I am in need of hip replacement surgery so that too kind of puts a damper on going anywhere we would have to walk.

So we have decided that instead of a trip for now we are going update our kitchen. We replaced our kitchen floor, installed a new range hood. a new granite counter top, with a new sink, tap and a glass and ceramic tile back splash. The picture I have of the old kitchen  are not great but here they are. The funny thing is that the counter we chose is called Carnivale so I said to my husband, I guess this is our Anniversary Cruise.

Old Kitchen
New counter and backsplash
Close up of Granite called Carnivale
New Granite top and  brown sink tap is brown too but had not been installed
New Floor

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow - your new kitchen is very smart! It will last much longer than a cruise, too.

Needled Mom said...

You will love it every single day too!!!!!

Gabrielle Jeromy said...

Congrats! That’s very practical of you to prioritize a kitchen remodel than an out-of-town trip for a gift. Anyway, it would be great if you add anything made of coral or jade in your kitchen to symbolize the 35th year of your matrimony. I think coral plates are a good display, since it is difficult to find jade kitchen accessories. ;)